Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps -- 13 MB)
Listen to or download this radio show now (32 kbps for dialup -- 7 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
New World Notes News
Vol. 2 No. 51 -- December 26, 2009
This Week in New World Notes, radio program #95, Dec. 29:
In a nutshell
I tried to make a hodgepodge of interesting unrelated items, but everything came out interconnected anyway! Features Brit journalist Johann Hari's expose' of Israel's secret weapon against Palestine--tons of untreated Settler sewage. The US's bloody foreign policy since--I dunno--1898? 1756? Glen Ford on Obama, "The Banksters," & dancin' to "The Monster Crash." As Zola wrote, I accuse! Happy New Year!
Discharge of sewage from Israeli settlement of Beitar
Illit pours down onto Palestinian fields, destroying
crops and poisoning drinking water.
This week's music
- Bruce Cockburn, If I Had a Rocket Launcher (live, acoustic)
- The Telephonics, Monster Crash. For a replay (video shows the lyrics), see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28I0JK0byLU
Notes & Credits
Correction: Last week I mistakenly said that the music in our Christmas show (#94) was performed by 3 Jews and a gay Gentile. In fact, the music was performed by 2 Jews, a gay Gentile, and a Swedish Baptist (Stan Freberg). Could I make this stuff up?
For more by Glen Ford & other good commentary, see http://www.blackagendareport.com/
Johann Hari, "Israel is Suppressing a Secret It Must Face," originally in The Independent (London), April 28, 2008. I condensed & edited the U.S. version, from Common Dreams. Full text here: http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/04/28/8582
Free subscription to weekly New World Notes email newsletter upon request. (Subscribers list is totally confidential.)
Thanks to David Schonfeld for rounding up this week's 2nd song & permission to broadcast it.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "spreading chestnut tree") of WWUH-FM, a community service of the University of Hartford. Feedback to kdowst at hotmail period com.
Coming soon -- Tuesday debut dates on WWUH shown:
- January 5 -- Varieties of Sexual Experience, OR: Goldberg's Other Variations
- January 12 -- The Kids Are All Right -- Including teenaged Presidential Scholars who stood up to Bush on torture . . . and young protestors in Copenhagen who combined sanity & street theatre. Gen-X slackers are dead. Long live the kids!
Catch New World Notes (all times Eastern):
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 6:30 to 7:00 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Saturdays, 7:00-7:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes