Listen to or download this radio program now (192 kbps HiFi -- 41 MB)
Listen to or download this radio program now (40 kbps LoFi -- 8.5 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
New World Notes News
Volume 2, Number 30 -- August 4, 2009
This week in New World Notes, radio program #75, August 4 & 7:
It's a Capitalist's dream come true! Get rid of those pesky union organizers with your own death squad! Coca-Cola's bottlers in Colombia have been doing this for years. Eat your heart out, Wal-Mart!
Here's the story in prose (by The Guardian's Julian Borger) and song (by David Rovics).
If you'd rather die more slowly, try drinking a whole lot of Diet Coke--or consuming any other food sweetened with aspartame (NutraSweet). James Corbett explains why this chemical is the worst food additive since DDT--and how it managed to get approved by the FDA.
Q: What do the introduction of aspartame and the invasion of Iraq have in common?
A: Donald Rumsfeld! (Hear the show to learn how.)
- August 11 & 18 --The Thinking (Wo)Man's Guide to 9-11 (2 parts)
Catch New World Notes (all times Eastern):
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Fridays, 7:30 to 8:00 AM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Saturdays, 7:00-7:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes
For more commentary by James Corbett, see http://www.corbettreport.com/
* Coke and Coca-Cola are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company .