Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 6, No. 6 -- February 8, 2013
First some reflections on the antiGMO: local produce--now but a fond memory here in New England. Then we look at GMOs--genetically-modified plants sold as food.
The show includes TV-news and press coverage on failed GMO labelling bills in California and Connecticut--and on guerilla labellers stalking Connecticut's supermarket aisles. Plus selections from Gary Null's video documentary, GMO: Ticking Time Bomb.
IMHO, some of GMO: Ticking Time Bomb (Part 1) is best viewed while wearing a tinfoil hat, though much of it seems very sound indeed. Our show rebroadcasts only the latter. The complete video is here.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "very noses") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
- February 19 & 26 -- Consumed
- Sundays, 12:30-1:00 PM, WIEC-LP, FM 102.7 (Eau Claire, WI) & http://wiecradio.org/ Repeats Mondays at noon.
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes