Broadcast quality MP3 (40 MB)
Decent quality MP3 (13 MB)
In a brilliant and wide-ranging talk, journalist-prophet Chris Hedges discusses
- the pacification of the exploited citizenry by the corporate media
- the financial fraud at the heart of the national economy
- Wall Street's destruction of the U.S.'s manufacturing sector
- "Brand Obama"
- the perfidy of Obama and of other "courtiers" to the real power
- the failure of the Left to challenge Obama's Bush-ist policies, and
- the funeral of Michael Jackson
Music added: Leonard Cohen, from Democracy
Hedges spoke in Winnipeg, Alberta, Canada, on October 14, 2009. Original recording courtesy of Ethan Osland and Black Mask Winnipeg. I have edited Hedges' 50-minute talk to fit this half-hour radio program. The uncut original recording is available from radio4all.net.
New World Notes previously broadcast this installment (as #115) in May 2010