Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
Listen to or download this radio show now (32 kbps for dialup -- 7 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 4, No. 36 -- September 3, 2011
To download an audio file (save it on your hard disk): 1. Place your cursor over the link (above). 2. Click your right mouse button. A small menu appears. 3. On the small menu, select "Save Target As...." A "dialog box" appears. 4. The dialog box shows the folder where your computer proposes to save the file. Either remember this folder or else select a folder you prefer. Then click on "Save."
This week in New World Notes, radio program #183, September 6, 2011
An interesting look at our fascination with celebrities ... and corporate marketers' exploitation of this fascination to sell products. In fact our attraction to celebrities appears rooted in our evolution: the closer our ancestors got to the alpha male, the more likely they were to survive. The show includes parts of the documentary film Starsuckers and Chris Hedges' critique of Michael Jackson's funeral.
Notes, credits, & links
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "counter") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
Coming soon (Tuesday air debut date shown)
- September 13 & 20 -- Bruce Gagnon--recorded live in Wethersfield, Connecticut, August 20, 2011
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes