Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
Listen to or download this radio show now (32 kbps for dialup -- 7 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 4, No. 32 -- August 5, 2011
"Lifting the Veil"
More selections from Scott Noble's interesting new documentary video about the betrayal of the American people by their political system--including both major parties. With some good explanations of (1) the financial industry lunkheads now put in charge of the US Treasury and (2) how the growing wealth of the rich comes from the pockets of the middle and working classes.
Voices heard include those of Noam Chomsky, commentator Chris Hedges, political cartoonist Ted Rall, Senator Bernie Sanders, and economist Richard Wolff. Plus some TV commercials and news clips.
(Click to enlarge)
Notes, credits, & links
The two-hour video is available, without charge, here.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "first floor") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
Coming soon (Tuesday air debut date shown)
- August 16 -- Cheap Junk and the Deindustrialization of America
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes