Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
Listen to or download this radio show now (32 kbps for dialup -- 7 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 4, No. 43 -- October 21, 2011
To download an audio file (save it on your hard disk): Click on this link for instructions.
This week in New World Notes, radio program #190, October 25, 2011
With insight and wit, current commentators explore the strategy, politics, and social contexts of "Occupy Wall Street" and similar gatherings around the country. And they give the movement a solid "Thumbs up!"
Features comments by Jim Hightower, Glen Ford, and moi ... new songs by David Rovics and Attila the Stockbroker ... and a stirring speech by Chris Hedges at "Occupy DC."
- David Rovics, "Occupy Wall Street"
- Attila the Stockbroker, "It's All About the Bankers"
Thanks to BCFM's "Friday Drive-Time" show (Bristol, UK; September 16, 2011) for the Attila song.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for nihil obstat) of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
Coming soon (Tuesday air debut date shown)
- November 1 & 8 -- Radio & Internet debut: a recently discovered recording of John Perkins in West Hartford (January 2005).
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes