Difficulty downloading? Try this link to an alternative server.
Listen to or download Part Two now (Broadcast qlty. 192 kbps--40 MB)
Listen to or download Part Two now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
To download an audio file (save it on your hard disk): Click on this link for instructions.
Vol. 6, Nos. 24-25 -- June 16, 2013
A fine talk Glen Ford gave at Trinity College, in Hartford, on April 6.
Ford shows that much of American foreign policy--including military interventions in the Third World--is all about containing China.
The US cannot compete with China economically because Wall Street sold off our manufacturing assets to inflate its own profits. To protect corporate profits, the US's only remaining source of power is its huge military--which the government is now wielding globally with blatant disregard of national sovereignty and international law.
Ford's talk was recorded on video by The Struggle (www.thestruggle.org). Many thanks to them. I have lightly edited the audio, removing stumbles and hesitations.
For more by Glen Ford, see www.blackagendareport.com/
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "Yum-Yum tree") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
- Sundays, 12:30-1:00 PM, WIEC-LP, FM 102.7 (Eau Claire, WI) & http://wiecradio.org/ Repeats Mondays at noon.
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Fridays , 6:00 to 6:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes