Listen to or download this radio show now (Broadcast qlty.- BLEEPed--40 MB*)
Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
Listen to or download this radio show now (32 kbps for dialup -- 7 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 5, No. 52 -- December 29, 2012
We look at crime at several levels: retail (the Newtown murders), wholesale (the entertainment industry), bigger wholesale (the financial system), and factory-direct (the Federal Government).
- KD's reflections on the Newtown murders and why the proposed new gun-control laws have zero relevance
- a new David Rovics song on the Entertainment Biz
- a short movie by Econ4 on the government-assisted crimes of Wall Street
- a good essay by Paul Craig Roberts on Hugo Chavez vs. the Washington DC gang
* Note to broadcast stations: UNbleeped version of the show's audio includes the song lyric, "It's the rich who line their pockets while the rest of us get screwed." The BLEEPed version bleeps out "screwed."
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "Boardwalk") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
- January 8 -- TBA
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes