Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 6, No.13 -- March 30, 2013
A look at some seldom-acknowledged victims of the U.S.'s current wars. Hundreds of children killed by drone strikes ordered by President Obama. (We name 25 of the children.) Thousands of U.S. servicemembers, male and female, raped each year by other U.S. servicemembers. One soldier suicide per day and one veteran suicide per hour.
Why is this happening?
This installment features articles by Dave Lindorff, Alyssa Rohricht, and the New York Times; commentary in song by David Rovics and Roy Zimmerman; and remarks by me.
Music added: David Rovics, "The Comets of Kandahar"; Roy Zimmerman, from "Thanks for the Support"; and a dash of Orff's "Carmina Burana" (London S.O.).
Chuck Rosina recorded David Rovics live in performance in Boston on January 27, 2013.
The articles by Dave Lindorff and by Alyssa Rohricht are from CounterPunch online.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "radar") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
- April 9 -- A World Without Cheap Oil: Changes We Need to Make, featuring James Howard Kunstler
- Sundays, 12:30-1:00 PM, WIEC-LP, FM 102.7 (Eau Claire, WI) & http://wiecradio.org/ Repeats Mondays at noon.
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes