If there's a problem with the above link, try this alternative Broadcast-quality link.
Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps--13 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
Vol. 6, No. 15 -- April 19, 2013
A cockeyed look at love and death--from 10 Downing Street to the mean streets of Steubenville, Ohio.
For Death, we look at the late UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, her awful legacy--and how millions of Brits celebrated her passing by driving "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" nearly to the top of the pop charts. And we play parts of a newly-released musical bashing of Thatcher by Chumbawamba.
For Love, we read a great essay on the Steubenville rape case--and why gays should think twice before adopting the heterosexuals' institutions of sex, courtship, and marriage.
Joanne Wypijewski--and Steubenville is Anytown, USA.
I've edited and condensed Joanne Wypijewski's essay on Steubenville, "Primitive Heterosexuality." The uncut original is here.
I'm told that Chumbawamba recorded "In Memoriam: Margaret Thatcher" in 2005 and released it upon her death (April 8). The complete version is available on radio4all.net.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "table") of WWUH-FM, a community service of that beacon of light in darkest Connecticut, the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both radio4all.net and (from #90 onwards) The Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chrono listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page, and each page has links to the recorded audio. See the gray sidebar on the right ("CONTENTS [Links]") for a table of contents.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want ... and what they're trying to make us settle for.
- April 30 -- Skidmark Bob on the Iraq-Afghanistan Wars
- Sundays, 12:30-1:00 PM, WIEC-LP, FM 102.7 (Eau Claire, WI) & http://wiecradio.org/ Repeats Mondays at noon.
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH-FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT) & http://wwuh.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP-FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID) & http://www.radiofreemoscow.com/
- Saturdays, 5:00 to 5:30 PM, WHUS-FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Any time: Listen to or download any installment ... or subscribe to a podcast ... at A-Infos Radio Project: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=result&action=series&series=New+World+Notes