Listen to or download this radio show now (Good quality 64 kbps -- 13 MB)
Listen to or download this radio show now (32 kbps for dialup -- 7 MB)
List all . . . and listen to or download any . . . installments
New World Notes News
Vol. 2 No. 50 -- December 19, 2009
This Week in New World Notes, radio program #94, Dec. 22:
Christmas Special 2009
Brevity is The Soul of Wit Department:
Somebody famous was born on Christmas--I forget who. John Lennon? In celebration thereof, we present 3 seasonal songs, performed by 3 Jews (Simon, Garfunkel, & Stan Freberg) and 1 "out" homosexual Gentile (Elton John). Less humorously, we also commemorate 2 unhappy anniversaries: the sack of Fallujah (2004) and the sack of Gaza (begun Dec. 27, 2008). "War is over, if you want it." Happy Christmas!
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "unisex bathroom") of WWUH-FM, a community service of the University of Hartford. Feedback to kdowst at hotmail period com.
This week's holiday music (all Oldies):
- Simon & Garfunkel, Silent Night / 6 o'Clock News
- Stan Freberg, Green Chri$tma$
- Elton John, Where To Now, Saint Peter?
Coming soon -- Tuesday debut dates on WWUH shown:
- December 29 -- Potpourri . . . including Israel's secret weapon in Palestine . . . U.S.'s bloody foreign policy since 1898 (if not 1756) . . . and Obama, "the Banksters," & dancin' to The Monster Crash. Happy New Year!
- January 5 -- Varieties of Sexual Experience, OR: Goldberg's Other Variations
Broadcast schedule: Scroll down to previous entry.Sir Elton John
A Christmas Carol
Where to now, Saint Peter,
If it's true I'm in your hand?
I may not be a Christian,
But I've done all one man can.
I understand I'm on the road
Where all that was is gone.
So where to now, Saint Peter?
Show me which road I'm on . . . .