Sunday, January 12, 2014

What If You Knew

Part 1: New World Notes #306, 28:52 (January 14):


Part 2: New World Notes #307, 28:42 (January 21):

Broadcast quality MP3 (39 MB)
Decent quality MP3 (13 MB)

 
In brief 

Virtual Renderings' new audio collage on our environmental crisis, especially global climate change. Features many perspectives and a wide range of voices going back as far as 1958 ... and some relevant music . . . and a little post-apocalyptic science fiction.  I've chopped the piece into two parts.  Introductions and a few inserted notes by K.D.

I've condensed the 55-minute collage slightly to fit our radio timeslots.  The complete 55-minute version (50 MB MP3) may be downloaded  here.  (Right-click then Save. . . .  The download may be slow.)  A smaller, low-bandwidth file (13 MB) also is available.  A large archive of Virtual Renderings' audio collages is available for free listening or download.

The title song is (IMHO) one of David Rovics' best. It's played in its entirety near the end of Part 2.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How do i hear that great collage again on my phone?

Kenneth Dowst said...

Paul, thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I can't answer your question: believe it or not, I've never owned or used a smartphone. (It's a sort of game I'm playing with myself--how long can I live without one?) Perhaps another reader can add a comment helping you out.

FWIW, the links at the top of this page are to MP3 audio files of the program. Can you download such a file to your phone?